RhB / Swiss Trains

Interested in the RhB? Welcome to the RhB Forum!!
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: That's it!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 am 

Just got an email from the ISP that reads:

>>>

Hello,

Our server security system has detected a large number of fake user registration at the location: http://www.rhb-grischun.ca/phpBB3/

Spammers are creating new user accounts using fake email addresses and as a result, it is causing a chain of delivery failed emails. We need your immediate attention in resolving the issue within the next 24 hours. Please take security measures to stop this user registration with fake emails. You may look for a solution in Google or in support forums. If you can't find a solution you need to take down the forum. Our server security system will block the access to the forum if the spamming continues. Please take a look at the issue in urgent basis and let us know about your actions. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Harold
Save On Hosting

>>>

That and the recent lack of traffic had me give it some extra thought.
Conclusion: it was a good 16 years+ run, but now it's time for a change. To all the members who kept the forum interesting and informative, many, many thanks.

The change RhB / Swiss Trains on Facebook .

As an interim measure I'll shut the forum down i.e. completely disable registrations and see if that will be enough for approx. four to six weeks. Hopefully that would keep the contents available.

The Facebook group is the closed kind, which means membership has to be applied for and questions have to be answered prior to getting clearance. Works very well on the other group I started https://www.facebook.com/groups/FriendsOfRhB/

Thanks again

HJ

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Forum Administrator

"Inspired by the real world"

Post subject: Re: That's it!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am 

OK quick up date, the forum should be usable for registered members, registrations are disabled.
Some more sorting to follow.

HJ

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Forum Administrator

"Inspired by the real world"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]