RhB / Swiss Trains

Interested in the RhB? Welcome to the RhB Forum!!
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fertig's New Shop
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:23 pm 

Took a trip down to Mörlenbach on Friday to check out the new store. For those of you that have not been, the owner Kai and his parents have run the shop from the top floor of their house for years. A month or so back, they shifted a half mile - into the ground floor space on the high street of the little village. The move makes zero difference in reaching the store as the new location is on the corner of the only road in or out of their neighborhood, but it does present less parking which is a bummer.

The store overall is nice, new, and clean. According to Kai the space is the same sq meters as before, though the shop is now separated into sales and repair, so it feels smaller overall. When I was there, they had not finished shifting all the stocks... so all the boxed NIB stuff was on display - though the shelves of used items had yet to make the move (which is a shame as this is the stuff I love to browse!).

A few photos of the shop:

Walking from the car park to the front door... the first window is the workshop full of goodies!

Looking back toward the door upon entering. The window to the left looks out onto the high street.

There is a small display shelf along the windows.

Oodles of stock. I would venture to guess, if LGB made it the last 10 years, he has it.

His stock of KISS and Pullman is depleting.

For KISS:
    There is this set of 4 middle door cars (The only Kiss passenger cars I saw at the store, other than a poor set of broken BEX cars build sold for parts :( )
    He had a half dozen of the RhB Log Cars... a few Blue goods vans, and the weird insurance company anniversary van (the white one with the weird cartoon cat on it)
    There were Gem 4/4's 801 and 802 in both analog and digital
    He has several of the Tm tractors (not cheap!)
    The new green Ge 4/4 II's were also on display
    A gorgeous KMS Hockey Club Davos Ge 4/4 III

For Pullman:
    The Fd 3-car sets are down to three of the FO and one of the RhB (great price at 270 for the set I think)
    He has most of the Treibwagens in various eras in stock
    Several versions of the BEX cars.

Interesting Note: I mentioned to him it was a shame that Pullman had screwed up the AC units on the roof, as I was planning to purchase several, but now will keep watching for the old KISS ones. Kai looked at me puzzled and said matter of factly that Pullman made zero changes to the cars other than the new decoder, wall lighting, and they shorted the box. He said the cars are as accurate as the KISS one. :-\ So, were the reports on Cadosh wrong? Are the Pullman cars indeed prototypically correct!?

And finally...

I did spot this little gem - a Magnus Te 2/2!!! I had a hope, given it's dusty neglected state I might be able to purchase it for a good price. No such luck... :(( Kai was willing to sell it - but it would be "around 1500 euros" - too rich for me!

Overall, the store and the service is just as good as ever. Once the remaining "used" stock gets shifted over, it should be back to normal.

Post subject: Re: Fertig's New Shop
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:34 pm 

Thanks Josh, for checking this shop out.
And all the way from the US of A.

There is also a website:
http://www.grossbahnen.shop/

Up to this date only in German.

Upon the reopening the offers:
http://www.grossbahnen.shop/Eroeffnung

And the offers from his stock:
http://www.grossbahnen.shop/Fundgrube-Neuware-Divers
Fgr = Fundgrube = Treasure trove

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:10 am 

Yup - always happy to visit shops in the name of the Forum - just doing my part! ;)

Thanks for the links - I should have done that - sorry.

One note: on his site, the photos of the stock are not always photos of the "actual" stock in hand, but rather catalog images. I found this out the hard way - spent the whole Xmas holidays excited about going down to pick up the KISS low board wagons in blue and yellow... as though I already have one of each (based on the catalog numbers listed) - the photos show the more rare** un-cataloged car numbers! I marched right in and grabbed both, only to discover they were in fact the cataloged running numbers I already had. :((

(** I never knew this, but in talking to Kai, apparently KISS would run different car numbers for an item, but shipped all version in the same catalog number box?! Ugh... so hard to track down the oddities!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 am 

Josh U wrote:
For Pullman:

Interesting Note: I mentioned to him it was a shame that Pullman had screwed up the AC units on the roof, as I was planning to purchase several, but now will keep watching for the old KISS ones. Kai looked at me puzzled and said matter of factly that Pullman made zero changes to the cars other than the new decoder, wall lighting, and they shorted the box. He said the cars are as accurate as the KISS one. :-\ So, were the reports on Cadosh wrong? Are the Pullman cars indeed prototypically correct!?

And finally...

I did spot this little gem - a Magnus Te 2/2!!! I had a hope, given it's dusty neglected state I might be able to purchase it for a good price. No such luck... :(( Kai was willing to sell it - but it would be "around 1500 euros" - too rich for me!

Overall, the store and the service is just as good as ever. Once the remaining "used" stock gets shifted over, it should be back to normal.

On that Pullman ABe .... you have to refill your salt dish on the computer desk. ;) 8-| As for as KISS goes I take most of what I read on Cadosch regarding KISS with .... a grain of salt. It reminds me of the "Ventilators" of times gone by. :ymdevil:

HJ

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Forum Administrator

"Inspired by the real world"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:26 pm 

Quote:
On that Pullman ABe .... you have to refill your salt dish on the computer desk. ;) 8-|

Oh - tell me more? I've been looking for the Xe 4/4 for 18 months and sure as the world, we walked into Fertig and there was one on the shelves. I know the Mrs. had a chat with Kai about it before we left... I'm assuming it will be acquired shortly for a future birthday or Christmas - should I tell her to stop!? :-ss

(I've tried to find reviews online - didn't find anything terribly negative about the model - seems to be rather prototypically from what I could see online - far more than something from LGB)