RhB / Swiss Trains

Interested in the RhB? Welcome to the RhB Forum!!
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:44 pm 

So - wondering if anyone here has experience on buying KMS cars?

I've been researching LGB goods vans, specifically the Haik-v. With the exception of the LGB Calanda #47570 (modern scheme) - which is impossible to find - darn near everything I see that I like is a KMS repaint.

Things like:

https://kiss-modellbahnservice.com/cms/ ... haiqq-tuyz
https://kiss-modellbahnservice.com/cms/ ... -rhb-wagen

How and where do I buy these?
Anyone here had expeirince ordering a KMS repaint? :-?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:27 am 

Hi Josh,

as far as I know they only offer these as repaint jobs (Umlackiert Service).

I contacted Kiss a couple of years ago by email to get a price for the Davos Hockey Club livery on a Ge 4/4III #652, from memory it was around €500 and it would take up to 2 months. You ship your loco/wagon to them and they return with the new livery.

By the way, I spent a week in Ardez in 2017 and the Volg Haik looks great.

David.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:32 pm 

Haven't they filed for insolvency? Or is this different from Kiss Modellbahn?
They're closed from what I can tell at the moment. Not to mention I wouldn't trust anything in their hands of ever seeing it again....

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:08 am 

ritter - John N wrote:
Haven't they filed for insolvency? Or is this different from Kiss Modellbahn?
They're closed from what I can tell at the moment. Not to mention I wouldn't trust anything in their hands of ever seeing it again....

KMS is old man's Kiss outfit,

HJ

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Forum Administrator

"Inspired by the real world"

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 am 

Hello All,

Kiss survives as two entities, one for German outline and the other for Swiss outline. The Swiss entity is found at https://kiss-modellbahnen-schweiz.ch/

A quick Google Translation of the holding page of the new website explains the arrangements. Hope this is of interest to members.

"Kiss saved model railways.
It goes on.

Dear friends of high quality model railways

We are pleased to inform you that "Kiss Modellbahnen" will continue with its products and projects. Two independent company names will take over and offer them in the future.

The "Kiss Modellbahnen Deutschland" brand is taken over by FineModels and will shortly deliver BR 99.59 (Harzmallet) on a scale of 1: 22.5, gauge IIm. The BR 99.2 (Brockenlok) is then planned. Delivery is expected here in 2021.

However, the focus will be on track 1. The “Vectron” electric locomotive can be seen here primarily. The construction is already finished. The variants are currently being examined. Projects already announced under Kiss are also planned for the future.

Kiss Modellbahnen Schweiz GmbH (in foundation) specializes in the Swiss market and will primarily serve your customers in IIm and Gauge 1. For now, the focus is on the delivery of the IIm models HGe 4/4 I and HG 4/4 of the FO and DFB, which will be delivered on schedule in the next quarter. In addition, new products as well as particularly popular and out-of-stock models are planned as a new edition with modern adjustments.

In track 1, the finished, highly anticipated models of the SBB Ae3 / 6 I will be delivered promptly. The locomotives are ready for dispatch in Asia and will be shipped shortly. For the time being, track 0 will feature the already highly advanced SBB Re 6/6. Current information is continuously published on Kiss-Modellbahnen-Schweiz.ch.

The appropriate measures were taken early on by both companies so as not to impede production. This enables a smooth transition.

We look forward to continuing to count you among our loyal customers."