RhB / Swiss Trains

Interested in the RhB? Welcome to the RhB Forum!!
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:42 am 

Yesterday should have been Narrow Gauge South but sadly that’s going to be another two years now. So yesterday afternoon our group that organises it held an online mini show with 20 of the group an a conference.
So here’s a few of my contribution and feel free, in fact I positively encourage you ;) , to share pictures of your layout, RhB modelling projects and photos of your trips as a rolling show over the next few weeks.
We have done something similar on NGRM and it’s turned into an eclectic and interesting trip ;)

So here’s Mini Albula my test bed for the Nm9 modules.
ImageNm9 NGSouthish2020 by -salisburyASC-

There was a near disaster an hour before when I realised no power was getting to the track. I had to take out all the track concealed in the tunnel to find one wire has come off and I managed to pull out the point wiring too! Fixed just before we went online #:-s

So models, workbench, real and from whenever ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:06 am 

Would have been Middlesbrough show - and I would have just about finished setting up Neuburgh 2013 for its first outing. So here is a link to see what it would have been like - near enough. https://www.flickr.com/photos/148810032 ... 8299593533

Busy now doing extra detailing and will build a new pelmet for the lighting rig as I had borrowed 1913.

Would have been a busy weekend and then, get the hire van back to Catterick on Monday morning, drop the dog off at the kennels and catch the train to Kings Cross late afternoon. Eurostar Tuesday to Paris change and on to Munich. Overnight Munich and on to Budapest in the afternoon. Overnight Budapest and on the Cluj on Thursday for a wedding on Saturday. Coming back the following week with a few days in Budapest to see the Chain Bridge between Buda and Pest and to visit Adam Clark Square. He was my wife's great great uncle and the civil engineer in charge of construction. We have the letters he wrote home to his parents - was conscripted into the army at one point to build a fort as they were having a war. Some really interesting details in them - the construction season each year was quite short, could only really work on the piers after the permafrost has subsided and before the mosquitoes in the swamp hatched.

Sadly all cancelled like the show - but there is always next year subject to a good Scottish presbyterian saying - "if we are spared".....

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 am 

Quote:
but there is always next year subject to a good Scottish presbyterian saying - "if we are spared".....

The Present Mrs T (born and raised in the Lothians) reminded me of a similar popular Scots saying when talking about the passing of time:

"Aye, wan mere an wan less...... "

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 pm 

Great photos Jim. Hope I get to see the layout in the flesh post lockdown. My layout was due to have its final outing this July but now cancelled so may not get another outing.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!FjfChZ1m6Oe9gSYqTlVLblgzek5WdyQM

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 am 

That’s a shame :( Still hadn’t managed to see it in the flesh.

We should have been having a WessexNG meet at one of the members who lives in a closed station with a coach still on site. Instead we are having a video meet and running layouts at home to show.
Here’s my contribution, Tinplate Feldbahn by Billerbahn

ImageBillerbahn by -salisburyASC-

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:39 am 

Very eclectic - love the track work, looks like big Kato :) Are you sure you have enough locos?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:10 pm 

Jim F wrote:
Very eclectic - love the track work, looks like big Kato :) Are you sure you have enough locos?

Ahem, there’s a couple of locos not on there and only about half the stock ;)

I’ve picked up some great deals especially a few badly dented or smashed ones and rebuilt them by straightening out tinplate or rebuilding missing bits. I’ve found chopsticks are good for working out dents :)

This one was missing it’s roof
And after

And this one had a crushed cab.