RhB / Swiss Trains

Interested in the RhB? Welcome to the RhB Forum!!
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 am 

Just back from a week of camping in Morteratsch with my 2 girls. Great weather with some journeys out on the trains in the morning with some activities for the kids in the afternoon.....we all had a great time. Whilst I really like the Albula, there is more to do in the Engadine for the family.

In the 2 years since we were there last, the changes are noticeable...the Allegras seemed to be everywhere whereas last time on the Albula, they seemed to be limited to the BEX. The new interregio stock is nice but a bit sterile (guess I now how HJ felt when things went from Green to red :) ). The changes at St Maritz seem to operations for both the Albula and the Bernina, I guess the driving coaches will sort it for the Albula and remove the need for shunting stock out of the way to release the loco or Allegra unit, and looking at the track plan, I wondered if they were planning on introducing driving coaches on the Bernina in the future. For the formal opening of St Moritz, Heidi was running between Samedan, St Moritz, Pontresina and back to Samedan; we all enjoyed riding behind her.

The trip was also a good opportunity to get a few bits from some of the smaller manufacturers and got some example Tunnel mouths and the Preda building kits.

Looking forward to going back next year!

Martin